A Weloming Modern Orthodox Alternative |
835 Pleasant St, Worcester, MA
CONGREGATION SHAARAI TORAH WEST
“A welcoming Modern Orthodox alternative“
835 Pleasant Street
Worcester, Massachusetts 01602.
August 27, 2013
Dear friend and supporter of Shaarai Torah West,
We are pleased to send you this High Holiday information regarding our upcoming service schedule (See Succot Services on back page) along with a calendar of Candle lighting times for the coming year. During Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur in addition to being led by our wonderful Rabbi Yakov Blotner, we will also have the pleasure of being led by Rabbi Mendel Abramowitz as our Cantor. This “dynamic duo” has made our High Holiday experience very special over the years and this year should be no exception. Please join us for all or any part of our many services. We’d love to see you in shul.
Please note the following:
- Midnight Selichot Services. A brief, but inspiring Selichot Service is the official start of the Holiday season. Join us for this special midnight service, as we incorporate all the Holiday melodies for the first time this year, SATURDAY NIGHT AUG. 31ST AT 12 MIDNIGHT.
- An Erev Rosh Hashanah morning service will be held on WEDNESDAY SEPT. 4TH WITH SELICHOT AT 6:15AM FOLLOWED BY THE SCHACHARIT (MORNING) SERVICE AT 7AM.
- A Worcester Hebrew Cemetery Community Memorial Service will be held at the cemetery on SUNDAY SEPT. 8TH AT 11:15AM. Rabbi Blotner will lead this service. After the service people can personally visit the graves of their loved ones in both Worcester Hebrew and Chevra Kaddisha.
- Succot will be here before you know it! It would be so nice for more of our members to have their very own Etrog and Lulov. To make arrangements for the shul to purchase a set for you (very reasonable), please call Rabbi Blotner at 508-981-6496.
- Please remember to submit your shul dues for this coming year and to return your Kol Nidre pledges. The only way we can continue to keep the shul in operation is for everyone to do his or her part. Thank You.
A Happy & Healthy New Year from the Board of STW